Last daY in Avago Technologies

22nd January ... was the day! Few weeks before that, nY always prays that I could return KL A.S.A.P. so that I could see my family, raY, doggie KinKin, myvi jai and friends. It is very hard for a playful girl like me to survive in Penang without any transportation. In the past 6 months, I go to office everyday by tagging along my house mates or colleagues’ car. I had to ‘book’ someone in advance if I wanted to travel to anywhere. I felt very disgraceful for bringing so much trouble to them. I always complain to my roomie and close friends how much I dislike Penang and how eager I am to return KL.


The day that I had waited had finally come. Last week, Avago HR suddenly called for a communication session with the employees. As told by my manager, that day was the day where Avago will retrench half of the head counts in the company by offering Voluntary Severities Incentive (VSI). I felt blessed and pleased because I was just about to leave the company to further my studies in MMU. The most important thing is my dream to return home town will come true. Therefore, without any hesitation, I straight away sign off the VSI agreement without any further consideration after the announcement. Yeah! Finally I had the chance to leave the company without needing to pay any compensation. That time I was like at cloud nine.


Some of the applications had been approved. Many shift operators had left the company during the weekend. nY was very worried that my application would be rejected since there was no news from my manager. I have no courage to ask my manager about it as well. The situation continued until Sunday where ‘Lau Sai’ (Chong) sms me and informed me about the good news that I’m in the list.


Wow… was jumping happily like a monkey jai! I flied around Avago telling my colleagues and friends about the news. Manager called and gathered everyone for my last farewell lunch. All my colleagues were happy for me since it was the good timing to leave the company few days before my master research starts.

Tick tick tick…. Time seems passes faster than ever that day. It was 2:30p.m. All the colleagues surrounded my cubicle and wished me farewell. I felt relief after hand over all my responsibility to Danny. After the ‘hugs and kisses’ from them, I headed alone to the auditorium. I was so empty and lonely while I walking along the corridor.

HR gave us each a huge bag printed Avago logo and asked us to pack all our stuff. We had to pack our personal belongings and return to the auditorium within 15 minutes. Since I already finish packing, I quickly grabbed the chances to bid farewell to my operators and friends for the very last time. That time I’m worrying about my transportation to go home as well. Here comes ‘Joy Cy’. Without saying anything, she hugged me Goodbye and handed over her car keys. I was so touched… Suddenly my heart felt very painful, just like someone uses knife to slash it. Tears are rolling in my eyes. :( However, I ‘tahan’ it and faster leave the office without turning my head back.


In auditorium, Avago head, Chow gave his speech and briefed us about the package that we obtained. We had to sign many formal documents and handed over the ID badge. I had no mood to pay attention to what he was saying. I just signed all the documents and waited to be released. I was damm heart-broken mesmerizing the scene where everyone hugged me goodbye. "Heavy heart" for leaving a place that I had worked for 6 months...


Once the communication ended, I ran towards JoyCy’s car and cried my heart out.The feeling was complicated. Sad… Happy… Empty… Lonely… mixed together. “There is no permanent gathering”, a sms typed by Loke after he sent me off at the bus station. I knew he was trying to tell me that we had to separate and carry on our journey after a certain period. We had to let go and keep all the sweet memories in our mind.


Dear colleagues and friends, thanks for the care and love during my days in Avago. Without the support and guidance from you guys, I won’t be who I am today. All da best and must happy working even though I’m not around! Hehe...XD Thank you so much! Love you all!! ^^ Take good care!









YukEng, Raz , nY & manager









Lovely Operators













nY & DannY














budak keCi, budak besar(LeePeng) & Meow














Kanasai(nY) & Lausai(Chong) - the perfect sai partner

















MeowMeow. KianHui & nY
















nY & AikJin









Those that applied for VSI :((~ Byebye









nY & Gin Chun
















All these sweet memories will exists only in our mind in the future. COO and Fizan were not there to send me off... :( I will miss you all!~ Sob sob! Byebye...


4 comments:

Xweing says:

Your boss is "lou sai"... not "lau sai"... my dear...

LOL!!!

nYnY_berrY says:

He is not my boss.. He was my partner Lausai!~ The perfect partner KNS & LS!~ >:P

lau sai says:
This comment has been removed by the author.
lau sai says:

your blog is so touching!!! If you dont hv transport. Dont worry!! lau sai will offer u use his C_class vehicle to fetch you to work n home. I believe i dont have that chances. U got plenty of fly....:P