6

An unpleasant experience with D***a Slimming

I'm not a thin girl. Being slim is always my dream.

I gained 20kgs in 4 years after I started my Master Degree. Perhaps, due to the hormone imbalance and study pressure, I always yearn to eat rubbish food. I admitted it.

I thought my dream to have a slim body will become reality when I bought a slimming voucher (RM18) from a famous deal provider.

However, the slimming service didn't turn up well. In contrary, I started to feel depress after I was FORCED to sign up the package.

I know I have no other choices but to accept the fact that I'm such a silly girl. The unpleasant experience made me really sad and depress. The experience is haunting me all the time.

Wanna know what happened?

On 2nd August, I was supposed to go to the Curve for some blogger events. Since the slimming voucher which I've bought must be redeemed in D**** Slimming The Curve, I decided to have my TRIAL on the day too. When I called, the receptionists were so friendly and kind, they didn't sound like someone who is going to harm you. They told me that the session would take about 1 and 1/2 hours. Therefore, I told them I would start the session at 6pm since my event would start at 830pm.

I reached there at 545pm, thinking that I might had my treatment earlier. The consultants there were super friendly. They seated me in a room. But, she said something like this, "Aiyo, pity you lah.. if you are slim, you will be prettier than me". I was like.... WTF! She is fugly! Dark and not sexy at all! No one dared to say that I'm not pretty since I know what is ABC. Not long after, a consultant came in and asked me to take off my clothes in the room. I was a bit shocked but I still did it as she said since she explained she had to look at my body to check my condition.

Well, needless to say, she commented a lot on my body. She said my cellulite level is severe and my body fat is critical. I might have different diseases etc. Yes, what she said was kinda true so I just nodded my head all the time.

The consultation took us about 1 hour. Then I told her that I was in a hurry so she stopped talking. Instead, she said I have to UPGRADE the vouchers to RM500 for the trial (including 5 x contouring and 5 x wrapping) in order to shed my fat away. If not, the treatment of the RM18 service is not so EFFECTIVE.

For me, RM500 is not a big amount and my intention is to lose weight, so I've agreed to take the package. BUT, she did not return the credit card to me even I've signed on the transaction slip. She said she would keep the card for me. (My first mistake) I did not take it back and straight away proceeded to the treatment room.

In overall, the treatment is okay. Then, the same consultant said my fat is super stubborn and asked me to sign up their package. Thinking that my credit card (**oversea bank) has no more extra credits for the package, I gave them my card. Surprisingly, the transaction went through even the package cost exceeds my limit! I was super shocked but I also accepted the package (RM2600 for 10 times) for my stupidity. After I've paid the package using my card, they did not give me any receipt. I was in a hurry so the consultant promised to call me the next day.

She did not call. I was a bit worried as I did not get anything from them, but my credit card transaction slip. I called them and made an appointment for the 1st treatment on Friday (5th August) to see the same consultant. At the same time, the 'loan sharks' from the bank already called me 3 times a day to urge me to pay the exceeding amount.

I did the 1st session on Friday. My consultant did not turn up that day. Everything was normal until they seated me in the consultation room. They said I have to top up my package as my body fat is serious. 10 session is not enough for me. So, they asked me to top up. Again, (my second mistake) thinking that my credit card already exceeding limits (I haven't paid the balance yet), I gave them my card and asked them to put some deposit (RM500) to hold the package (without charging me, just purely hold it). She said okay. AIH! I thought it will not go through but it still went through~!!! Finally, the consultant gave me 4 transaction slips on the table and asked me to sign.



That was the craziest part! I asked them to swipe only RM500 but they tried RM50, RM100, RM100 and RM1000 WITHOUT MY CONSENT! You know what? Bank told me that they even attempted to swipe RM2500 but the transaction was rejected so they tried with 50,100,100 and finally 1000. WTF is that? I was pissed off and asked them to void the sales but they refused to do it. They locked me in the room and hold my credit card. Many DIFFERENT consultants went into the room to persuade me to sign on the slips.

My mistake again! After fighting with them for 40 minutes, I surrendered. They only void the slips with small amount but not the one with RM1000. It's really mind torturing! I did not know how to describe my feeling at that time. The branch manager said she will return a cheque to me if the bank asked me for the amount. On the spot, I received the SMS from bank telling me that I have to pay the exceeding amount to avoid disruption.

That night, I called bank and wanted to cancel the sales but bank said I couldn't. The only way was to go back to the merchant. I did not sleep that night...

The next day, I told mr. smiley everything and we went back to the merchant together to ask for FULL refund. The branch manager had agreed to pay me back RM1000 and counter offered us with RM2600 for 20 treatments. The usual price is RM5200. I did not take the offer as I already not happy with their unethical business attitude. I insisted for full refund. Finally, the branch manager agreed to return me the RM1000 and counter offered me with the 20 times slimming sessions. I still did not take the offer...

Until today, I did not get any updates from them. I call them everyday like a loan shark but they keep on telling me that the cheque is still under processing.

I hope the readers of my blog will spread this news to your friends and family in order to minimize the number of victims in such case. As I know, there are already N victims who had similar experience like mine.

You may click on the links to read the comments (at the bottom) of the customers who bought the same deal.

http://milkadeal.com/deals/dorraslimming
http://www.groupsmore.com/cities/multiple-cities/deals/dorra-slimming

I know I cannot fight with them as I'm just an ordinary people. I heard that they had hired some lawyers to defend their company. :( :( :(

I really wish that there will be more people reading this posts so that they will not have same 'treatment' like mine. I cannot sleep properly everyday whenever I think of my stupidity...

God bless... I hope I can get back my refund and there will be no more victims in this case...




6 comments:

fluffypinkclouds says:

Don't go for all these slimming packages lar, dear. Expensive and ineffective. I write you diet plan and workout plan even better. FOC :D

nYnY_berrY says:

@fluffy I just wanted to try.. :( I've tried different methods but it's not working.. Thank you in advance for your diet plan...Seline is the best!

cc says:

nyny, I've heard of being locked in the room by those beauticians esp when u have taken off ur clothes. So that they could push you to sign up packages.
But I never imagine it to be happnening to my friends.
This is terrible! You are right by exposing this kind of scams. The moment any1 walk through their door, their intentions are not to help the person to slim down but to cheat their money!
I feel sorry for you but my advise is, the only way that you could stay healthy and lose weight is through exercise, and through healthy eating habits.
You will feel good after exercising trust me. Take it slow. The slower u lose those excess weight the slower they are to come back to haunt you.
Take good care of your body ya.

Love,
cc

nYnY_berrY says:

@cc Thanks for your concern. :) Besides going through slimming treatment, I also hit the gym. I joined gym for 4 years already. However, the pressure of my study made my hormone level imbalance. I always look for junk food only.. So, I gain weight. Lately, I'm free from the pressure, so I thought of losing weight in the short cut way :( but...

Anonymous says:

oh

Anonymous says:

Hi nYnY_berrY,
I also a victim of dorra.
i'am so fool to givethem my credit card.i signed up with 10sessions treatment @RM2900.
At the end can you get refund RM2600 you paid for the treatments?